Taking The First Step
If you have suffered a bereavement, please call me on 020 3067 0068 24hrs a day first, so I can advise you of the steps required to ease this whole process.
Here is a guide for you to follow:
If someone has died at home and it is an expected death, please call your GP Practice and inform them of the death, they will send a Doctor to pronounce. If out of hours then please call NHS Out of Hours Service on 111 and they will send a Doctor to pronounce. This service can take up to 6 hours!
Once the Doctor has been, we will then arrange to collect the person who has died and bring them into our care.
If the person has died in a hospital, please contact the Bereavement office attached to that Hospital and request the Medical Cause of Death Certificate, this is the form required by the Registrar or nursing home, we will arrange to bring the person who has died into our care once the death has been registered.
We can direct and advise you every step of the way.
What happens when you contact us
- I will ask you for a few details about yourself and of the person who has died. We’ll then guide you through the options you have.
- We will arrange to collect the person who has died and bring them into our care.
- We will then arrange to meet you either at your home or at our premises in Ealing, whatever suits you best.
- Details of the funeral will then be discussed. If there are any specific instructions we are more than happy to accommodate them or if you are unsure of what you would like we can talk you through our services. A written estimate will be provided so you know the costs upfront.
- All our costs are available for you to see on our services menu.